Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lesson learned

Apparently I was a little too eager to embrace Taxol after my course with the red devil.  Wow, the leg pain!  Apparently the side effects of bone pain in your legs and hips is, in fact, accurate.  It made for a rough night of sleep on Friday, and it was downright impossible to sleep last night. I'm trying the Claritin/Aleve combo today and have been soaking in hot baths with Epsom salts.  Have any of you been through Taxol?  Can you recommend any other approaches? Apparently this side effect only lasts a few days.  I'm very hopeful that is true!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Praying for the pain to go away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,
    The Taxol was worse for me especially the bone pain. I remember getting chills and the only thing that helped me was some vicoden and heating pad. I didn't want to take the pain medicine but decided that I would anyway but only used it when I couldn't tolerate the pain.If it doesn't get better be sure to call your Dr. or the on call nurse and they should be able to give you something. Praying that you will get a good night rest tonight. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry! Hang in there and hoping you're over the pain VERY soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping you find the answer.... thinking and praying for you.

    XOXO - Shannon O

    ReplyDelete