Friday, June 20, 2014

No place like home

I'm behind on my blogging duties!  Before I dive into vacation updates, I want to give a big shout
out to my in-laws for transforming our yard and garage into a HGTV-worthy makeover while I recovered in Houston.

Michelle and Lorne worked so very hard to completely organize our garage, which is so beautifully spotless now....








Michelle transformed our back patio into a much more liveable and enjoyable space.  Isn't it pretty?  Such a lovely spot for morning coffee!


Lorne worked hard to clear up the trees and bushes in the backyard, as you can see (don't be fooled by Captain America, trying to take credit)!


Lorne also arranged for our fence to be painted, which was very overdue, and updated the hose bibs.  I honestly was so shocked when I returned, I could hardly speak.  I also kept looking around for the camera crew...


The home and garden transformations were amazing and such a wonderful welcome, but these kiddos made the return even more festive, complete with crowns, sparkly dresses and handmade welcome signs....








Our golf cart arrived right before we pulled in, so we gladly took it out for a neighborhood spin.


I'm no expert in return-from-surgery-welcome-home events, but I find it hard to believe that this could be topped!  From my beautiful kids' faces to the garage and yard makeover, it couldn't have been better. I'm so grateful to my family for making this happen.  We are having a great vacation but just blogging these pictures makes me excited to return home tomorrow...there's no place like home sweet home!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your in-laws are very special and did such a gracious thing for you, your husband and children. Your covered patio looks wonderful and I could sit out there all day! You will have to enjoy some time out there even though the Texas heat at times can be unbearable. It is great to see you smiling with your children. Savor each moment with them. Looking forward to hearing more about your vacation. I am still praying for you and for your strength to be better and better each day! Hugs - Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! It all looks fantastic. . . . and like a LOT of work! What great in-laws you have. It is wonderful to see you surrounded by so much love everywhere you turn. Hope you are feeling stronger every day. I can't wait to see y'all when you get home.
    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH!!!! The best part.....HOME! So happy and grateful that part 2 is done! chemo- check; surgery - check...
    YEA!!!!
    OK. Still sending all the love and prayers your way!

    XOXO,
    Shannon O

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a welcome home, truly amazing! Can't wait to see all the vacation pictures AND ... WE CAN'T WAIT TO BE IN AUSTIN SO WE CAN SEE YOU GUYS IN PERSON!!! Hugs and love and vibes and strength and juju and all the god stuff.

    The LA soon-to-be-Austin McGehees

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^^EDIT: That little sign-off above meant to say "good" stuff, but I obviously want to include all the GOD stuff too!!
    -Leigh Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, GOLF CART?!?!?! I am IN LOVE! :) :) :) :) The house looks amazing, and I adore Weston in that pic of you coming home. Best. Pose. Ever. So happy you were able to have such a special welcome home. Thinking of you this week on the next part of the journey - you've got this, too!!! Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete