Thursday, April 10, 2014

Gearing up

Well...here we go again! This is all becoming very familiar. We are in Houston in preparation for an appointment with my oncologist and chemo tomorrow. However, today we met with the surgeon performing the bilateral mastectomy. It was a very positive second meeting after a rushed and confusing initial meeting. I'm so thankful we took the time to come down and make sure everyone is on the same page and communicating well. So far, our trip has already been a success! And we still have the fun family dinner and Bain Train appointment/infusion tomorrow! Hoping the vibe stays positive!

We are becoming very accustomed to waiting rooms these days!

2 comments:

  1. Good morning from Charlotte! Glad to read all this positive news, and I will pass it on the the clan here. Rooting and praying for you as always! XOXO
    Love,
    Adam and the Carolina Bains

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, this is Marci (Mokry) Motes, your sorority sister (and fellow "estudiante" from Spain!). I did not know you were fighting cancer until a Facebook post yesterday led me to this blog. I just want you to know that I'm praying for you every day. Stay strong and know that others are cheering you on. God bless you.
    Love, Marci

    ReplyDelete