Thursday, February 13, 2014

Slow ride

I am currently on the tail end of my third infusion, receiving the two hour Cytoxan drip.  Which means I have officially received my next-to-last red devil!  Like David said to me, "Ride the devil!" The thing is, the red devil sort of takes you along for a ride whether you want to go or not.  So, we will head home directly so I can jump into bed and maybe not emerge for three or four days.  How's that for a slow ride?

Dr. O confirmed further shrinkage of the tumor area today.  No percentages were cited, but there was enough change in size to determine that the one large tumor is actually two separate masses, which is what the doctor had thought might be possible.  This doesn't really change anything or carry special meaning, except that things have shrunk enough to feel the difference.  Good news!

My aunt Melissa and mother-in-law Michelle were amongst my special visitors today, along with my father-in-law Lorne and of course David. Besides the wonderful people who hang out with me for hours on end, I am also surrounded by so many objects that remind me of everyone's love and support.  Beautiful and cozy blankets (I need two or three as they are apparently trying to recreate tundra conditions in here), warm socks, journals and magazines, yummy muffins, nourishing homemade broth, essential oils, the list goes on....all provided by wonderful Team Shelly members! Thank you family and friends!

So the next step is to sit back and wait for this ride to happen!

4 comments:

  1. Love reading the good news re: shrinkage! You're amazing! Hope you're home and resting up for however long the ride needs to be. xoxo Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great milestone! I'm so grateful for your progress and for your amazing attitude. . . It makes me feel stronger and more positive about life myself. I know your determination is helping to heal you and it's truly awesome to witness.
    Love you so much--Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration. Thanks again for letting us in your loop and we are always back here praying and cheering you on.
    Glenn and Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for good rest and more shrinkage!!!!! ;)

    XOXO Shannon O

    ReplyDelete