Thursday, January 16, 2014

Fight like a girl!

We had a great evening with family last night. What could have been a nerve wracking, anxiety filled evening ended up being a night filled with blessings and laughter.

The W5 gave me signed pink boxing gloves! Love love love! I'm hanging these up at home and putting them on when I need them.

Ready for the fight!
David and I are at the Baylor Clinic. I'm nervous but ready to begin this battle.
It's almost anticlimactic to sit here receiving the infusions. I'm ready to fight! I keep reminding myself this is a huge part of the fight. Make no mistake, there is some heavy duty weaponry pulsing through my veins now. If you look carefully, you can see why they call Adria the  "red devil"! It's literally Big Red color. Thank you Kathleen for teaching me that term--the nurse got a kick out of the fact that I knew that. :)

Thank you everyone for your prayers, love, and support. I am very relieved to report the battle has truly begun! Go Team Shelly! Xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Just like the fighter you are...and still making everyone smile!
    XOXO, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, those gloves are epic! What a great and very symbolic gift. :)

    You go, girl! You got this first one down - you are IN THE FIGHT!!!!

    We love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let's see if i can post yet!! i'm having trouble.

      Delete
    2. it worked! hi shelly and david---i'm thinking of you. those gloves will come in handy later when david gives you trouble!! tee hee. barney sends a lick. and i have a fun hat for you. xo robbin

      Delete
  3. Those gloves are awesome! You're such a tough fighter ��
    Love you
    Steph ⚓

    ReplyDelete