Sunday, January 26, 2014

We clean up okay!

David and I had a big night out last night at the Dell Children's Hospital Gala!  It's been awhile since we've attended a gala, and it was really wonderful to get dressed up, hit the town, and see so many great friends, all for a wonderful cause.


Fashionably Austin posted a pic of me (and about 100 other women) from the event.  It's not often (ever?) that I make a fashion blog, so I was very flattered and had to include the pic!  I seriously loved wearing this dress and was so happy I bought it on a whim this week.  It covered my port and scar on my chest and fit like a charm, plus it was comfortable to boot.

And in the celebratory mode, it was also my last night with my very own hair on my head.  I have decided to jump ahead of the "hair falling out" portion of this process.  David is going to shave my head this evening.  I have several sweet family and friends coming over to celebrate this scary milestone with me and I am honestly looking forward to it.  Wigs, scarves and hats are ready and waiting!  Pics will follow tomorrow!


11 comments:

  1. LOVE that dress and you are wearing it, girl! You look gorgeous and happy. Glad you had such a good time (and got to turn some heads!)
    Love you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful in that dress and the two of you looked gorgeous. Cant wait to see the haircut photos with your new scarves and hats. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! That dress is beautiful! Good impulse buy! I'm glad yall had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!! So glad you had fun. MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked gorgeous! I have to say, though, I'm still thinking about how beautiful you looked tonight with your shaved head. Truly striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelly,
    You look gorgeous!!! The Marins are rooting for you!
    Woot, Woot!
    Big hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Inside and Out!
    XOXO- Shannon O

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all you guys look awesome!! Great dress for sure Shells. Second, cant't wait for the wig shots!! Bring it on.

    Love you guys

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  9. You looked absolutely beautiful that night! Now you need to post the gorgeous shaved head pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are beautiful and you will get through this journey one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so beautiful! (sorry to be late to the game - I am sitting down with my computer for the first time in forever) Always thinking of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete